Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Secret Vegetable Garden***

*I decided to start a small garden this summer and I have finally finished planting!*

First I had to decide where to put the garden because I wanted to be able to expand it if my first summer of planting went well but since we live on the side of a Mountain it wasn't the easiest part of the project! Once I picked a good semi-flat spot that I knew got GREAT sunlight throughout the day I had Caleb clear it out for me* Because that's what husbands are for!







Once we had it mostly cleared out I lined the 18ft long 8 1/2ft wide garden with bricks.


With my garden now clear and ready for planting I decided to take a trip to Sutherlands this weeked to pick out my vegetables. Caleb and Jessica came with me! I bought 3 different Jalapenoes ~ Sweet, Cayenne, and regular spicy. I bought 2 different kinds of tomatoes, Big boys and Cherry, and I also bought cucumbers, and zunnichini, okra, and squash.


Since we were going to need to buy SO much soil for my huge garden Caleb had a great way to divide the plants while still allowing me to expand it if I wanted to.






I am SO proud and cannot wait to taste my delicious HOMEGROWN vegetables***

Caleb also wanted to buy some pretty plants and flowers for our many flower pots and our front porch. We bought and planted ~ Salvia, dafodils, lavendar, Snapdragons, etc.


1 comment: